Dental Screening in Reception and Year 1!
On Monday 25th February 2019, 30 children from our Reception and Year 1 classes were visited by the Hillingdon Community Dental Service. This visit was part of the NHS Dental Survey, which is aimed at 5 year old children.
Each child had their teeth checked by the visiting dentist and we were advised that all children, regardless of age should be registered with a Dental practice. We were also informed that parents should ensure that they take their children to visit the dentist every 6 months, to make sure that they are looking after their teeth.
To keep our teeth clean and healthy we should:-
- Brush twice a day (in the morning and before going to bed).
- Try to brush 30 minutes after breakfast (if possible) when brushing in the morning.
- Spit out any excess toothpaste after brushing but should avoid rinsing out our mouth, as this way your toothpaste will continue to work for your teeth.
- Brush our gums and tongue.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks and have a healthy and balanced diet.