Value & Ethos
We seek to provide a happy and outward –looking school, within which all the pupils work hard to realise their full potential, intellectually, morally, physically, personally and socially and in which the Sikh religion is fostered.
- To build a strong community based on the Sikh religion.
- To provide quality education that is broad, balanced and relevant to the needs of pupils within a modern society.
- To enable all pupils to achieve their potential through the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- To develop each pupil’s self-esteem, confidence and independence with consideration for others and the concept of Sewa.
- To strengthen bonds between home, community and school, providing a preparation for each pupil’s entry into the wider community.
- To be committed to encouraging every member of our community to invest in life-long learning and personal development.
The values of the Multi Academies Trust are encapsulated by the S.H.A.R.E acronym. These values are at the heart of everything we do as a school and they describe the qualities our students and staff value most- Service to others, Humility, Achievement, Respect and Equality.
The School’s Religious Character
Our academy is a Sikh Faith school with Academy status. Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji is our Founder and Spritual Leader.
Religious education is provided in accordance with the Sikh faith as specified in the academy’s trust deed. We aim to give pupils knowledge and understanding of religious beliefs and practices so that they may continue in their own belief whilst at the same time respecting those of other people. All pupils are taught a weekly lesson of Sikh studies which includes religious education. Assemblies play an important part in developing the ethos and community spirit within the school. They are broadly Sikh (recitation of Japji Sahib, Shabads, Ardas and Hukamnama), but include stories and messages from a wide range of cultures, religions and faiths.